Sunday, November 1, 2009

Nothing to Fear

This week's lecture about fear and how we learn fear reminded me of a few other things that I was afraid of as a child that still influence me today-other than a fear of showering because of Psycho, that is!
Once, when I was about 11, I was flipping through the channels at my Grandparents house, and I came across a movie I'd never seen before-in fact, to this day I still don't even know the name of this movie! Anyway, the movie was some B flick about appliances and tools coming to life and attacking the person who held them. Particularly troublesome to me was a clip of a handheld kitchen blender attacking a woman's hand. To this day, I can't put the beaters on a blender without first checking to make sure that it's unplugged! I mentioned this to one of my roommates, and she looked at me like I was crazy. However, the other day, she plugged in a blender, but it was in the on position already, and she almost had her hand cut by a blender. I felt very justified to say, "I told you so!" at that moment. :) Sometimes a little dose of fear can be healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment