Sunday, November 15, 2009

My Family's Favorite Quotes

So this week's lecture on the family and media made me think about MY family's favorite quotes because we love to quote things to each other, too. So I polled my family members, and came up with the Whipple Family Top 5 Quotes:
#1. "Shut up, Richard!"-Tommy Boy (This is a family favorite because my Dad's name is Richard and there's a funny story that goes along with it!)
#2. "I do NOT squeal like a girl! Augh!"-Mulan
#3. "Missed it by that much!" Don't know where this one came from, but we say it all the time!
#4. "That's what she said"-Admittedly from The Office, not a movie, but still very quotable.
#5. "She turned me into a newt! I got better."(to be read with a British accent)-from Monte Python and the Search for the Holy Grail. Classic.

We really do use media to communicate and remind us of past family stories. There are just some things that can't replace a good family memory trigger!

4 comments:

  1. I definitely read the Monty Python quote in a British acccent without being told. Media influences us! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE family quotes :) Our family too has so many that we quote constantly and I love how much movies influence our lives. They really do bring our family closer together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it ;) By the way, the "Missed it by that much" comes from Get Smart with Steve Carrell.... Your fav comedian ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! I especially like the Tommy Boy quote!

    ReplyDelete