Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

So today (technically yesterday because it's just after midnight) was my Birthday. Yea! It was pretty awesome, even though I had to go to work. Lots of good stuff happened; I think it really was my lucky day! The reason why I'm posting about this on my blog, though, is because of something very interesting. Last year, I wasn't really on Facebook around my B-day. This year I am, and the difference was amazing. I recieved so many Birthday wishes through Facebook! (You gotta love the reminders that the website gives you at the bottom of the page!) I admit it's a little silly, but I really loved having so many of my Facebook Friends wish me a Happy Birthday. It really did make me happy to see all of those posts on my wall. So, especially on this day, Facebook wins the good vs. evil Internet/Social Networking debate. Score one for the good guys!

3 comments:

  1. Seriously. You get a reminder on your facebook whenever it's someone's birthday, so if someone misses your birthday...well. they have no excuse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!

    I'm kind of the opposite, though. I mean, I like people remembering my birthday, but I don't want people to feel obligated in any way to feel like they have to celebrate my birthday. I mean, people I never talk to anymore would wish me a happy birthday. So I just remove my birthday for the few days before and after.

    ...But I still wish everybody else happy birthday through Facebook. :P

    ReplyDelete